Do you need a kid-friendly mattress? They can be harder to come by, but memory foam is becoming a more popular option for this scenario.
A memory foam mattress can be one of the most comfortable and supportive mattresses for adults. Memory foam can also be a great option for children, who spend even more time sleeping than adults.
A high-quality memory foam mattress can last for 20 years, so it’s important to think ahead when picking a mattress size. Twin beds work well for younger kids but a double or queen bed may be more comfortable for teenagers and could be used later in a guest room.
What Makes Memory Foam Great
- Memory foam is hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites, which are a common allergen. Children with allergies and asthma may rest easier on a memory foam mattress.
- Memory foam mattresses are comfortable, supportive and less likely to break down if your monkeys sneak in some bed-jumping sessions.
- Memory foam’s ability to shape directly to your body makes it an excellent alternative for children who may change sleeping positions and preferences as they grow.
- You won’t have to buy another mattress in a few years. High-quality memory foam can last for 20 years and have a low annual cost.
- Because of their firm interior structure, memory foam can be used without a box spring mattress and sit closer to the floor to make a fall less scary if your child rolls out of bed.